Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Sunny Saturday...

The weather has been great here. I could really get used to living somewhere that only has 2 months of cold weather. We decided to pack up the family and head to the Jacksonville Zoo. A nice warm day, a dad who doesn't have to work and zoo membership are a great combination. I've written about our membership before, but it's such a fantastic thing to have. The only cost to us each trip is riding the train - which we get a discount on. I always pack the boys a sandwich so that we don't have to pay to eat in the restaurants. Today we only stayed 2 1/2 hours because apparently we weren't the only ones in Georgia/Florida who thought today was the perfect day to go to the zoo. Plus, the boys were getting tired and hungry. But it was a great morning together! Check out our pictures!


The zoo was also crowded because it was the member's only preview of the new Komodo Dragon exhibit.


Head first, of course!


Luke loves to slide!


2 little monkeys watching the monkeys...


Mark and Daddy


Luke and Mommy


Lunch at Whataburger - "What a burger should be!"


Playing Peek-a-boo!

1 comment:

  1. I may be biased but those are a couple of really cute monkeys! I am not sure how you got them out of the zoo!

    ReplyDelete