3 years and 9 and a half months to be exact. Before we had a "stuck in the nose" incident at our house. Frankly, I'm kind of surprised it took this long with these two knuckleheads. The boys were down for their naps when Mark comes running out of his room screaming and crying. It took me a minute to figure out what he was saying. "It's stuck! It's stuck!" Immediately, I realize that he's put something up his nose and I turn around to keep him from seeing me laugh. (Because it's okay to laugh at your children while they are crying. But it's NOT okay to let them see you laugh at them while they are crying.) I finally get him to stop screaming and decipher that he's put a portion of a foam submarine hull up there. I look but can't see it. So I decide to go in with my finger and sure enough, there it is. It takes me a few minutes but I fish it out with my fingernail. (Pretty sure that one earned me a manicure!) And then there are more tears because I tell him that we are going to throw it away and that I won't be giving it back to him.
I guess it's just one of those day around here that submarines "suck". Ha, ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment