Monday, August 3, 2009

First Day of School...


It's a bit early in August, but I'm thinking the first day of school can never come too early for a mother. (At least a mother of young children. I'm sure all the mothers of college freshmen would disagree with me!) Mark has been attending a wonderful school her for the last 10 months. And today was Luke's first day. I wasn't sure I'd know what to do with myself for 5 whole hours alone, but you know? I managed just fine! And the boys loved it, of course. Here are the pictures I took this morning on our way out the door.



And if you aren't doing anything on Mondays, Wednesday or Fridays, call me! We'll do lunch!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a flood of memories this brings! I remember every "first" day of school you ever had, from kindergarten at Reed Elementary to freshman year at JBU to your first classroom at Ford Middle School (remember, tehre's no place like Foad Middle School!) And yes, I probably shed a tear on every one of these days, but they were good tears! I love you and my little school boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, I want to do lunch! :) Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the first day! How did you go about choosing a school?

    One thing to consider is how relocations are handled, and that's one reason to look at KinderCare if you can’t get into the daycare on base. They have the same curriculum in all locations, so it makes transitions much easier on the kiddos (disclosure: I work with them, and have seen them in action - great stuff!).

    More details here:

    www.kindercare.com/militaryfamilies

    ReplyDelete