By no means is this list exhaustive, but these are a sampling of the things I miss when Tim is at sea, in no particular order.
1. Having someone to cook for
2. Having someone to laugh at all my jokes
3. Sleeping well (that doesn't happen when I sleep alone)
4. Praying with him
5. Someone else getting up in the middle of the night with crying little boys
6. The boat smell (I know it's horribly gross, but I guess that's just how much I love him...)
7. Who I am when I'm with him
8. The way he hugs me
9. His ringtone
10. Not having to finish my own sentences
11. The way the boys scream, "Daddy!" when he walks in the door
12. Foot rubs
13. Going to church as a family
14. The background noise of college football for 12+ hours on Saturdays
15. Spooning
16. His eternal optimism about OU and Cowboy football
17. Having someone to take care of me
18. His grin

I really know what you mean about not sleeping well when he's gone. I am NOT looking forward to my husband deploying soon...
ReplyDelete7. "Who I am when I'm with him" - I was trying to explain to someone last night how I feel that W and I really complement each others personalities, and even check each other... grinding off some of the rough edges if you will. I really feel like I'm not "as good" of a person (don't know how to describe it) when he's gone for a long time...
ReplyDeleteMary, that is so true! You can't really explain it, but I feel like I'm not the same person when Tim is gone. I guess that's the beauty of two becoming one. Hope you guys are well!
ReplyDeleteI just popped in after seeing we have some mutual friends (Kelly, Liza, & Becca). Love the nickname and I can relate! The post is awesome and so true. Hope his patrol passes by quickly. We were stationed in KB before our boat got put into dry dock up here in VA (where we did our JO tour as well). Hope you're enjoying GA/FL! We lived in Fernandina Beach and loved it. Again, I hope the remainder of the time passes quickly and you can soon look forward to off-crew! Take care!
ReplyDeleteI miss those phone calls during OU games and Cowboy games when he calls and says, "Can you believe that call? That's the worst call in the world!" I miss seeing his excitement with life. He is a good man...I hope the USN appreciates him. We all do!
ReplyDeleteI miss the boat smell too. At least when I smell that stinkiness, it means the husband is near. I could use some of that smell right about now!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you do it. Anthony's been gone for 2 weeks and I can hardly make through the day without crying. I'm such a wimp. Hang in there...I hope he comes home soon.
ReplyDelete