I met Alli when I was a freshman at John Brown University, so I guess that puts her in the "long-while" category. We endured many hours in elementary education classes together and even shared a room together when we lived off campus with two other friends our senior year. But it might have been those early morning commutes when we were student teaching that bonded us forever.
Unfortunately, life took us in two different directions and we haven't seen each other since my wedding - almost 6 years ago. But Alli and her husband, Alex, happened to be in Dallas looking at a new car and were able to stay with my parents while the boys and I were there. They came with their two little ones, Oliver and Meredith. It was so much fun. The kids are pretty close in age. Both of hers being just a bit younger than my two boys and they played amazingly well together. Oliver and Mark Garrett were fast friends and had a great time. There were even some tears when they had to say good-bye.
Popping popcorn for a post-dinner snack
Meredith is not impressed that Luke is stealing her popcorn
The visit flew by, but I'm so grateful it worked out to get to see them. It was such a great reminder of the many, many blessings God has given me through my friends. Hopefully it won't be 6 more years before I get to see you guys again!
This picture is pretty impressive for 4 kids under 4!
What a sweet post, and yes, I think we are in each other's "long-term" friend category. I'm so thankful for your friendship, and it was truly like picking up where we left off. How fun that our kids could play together, and I was so impressed at how well they got along. Maybe they will become second generation Miller/Hobbs friends:) Love ya!
ReplyDelete