Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Showers Galore!



I absolutely adore Mark's fiance.  When Meghan asked me to be her maid of honor I was so excited to be part of their wedding.  A few of the other bridesmaids and I threw her a personal shower and bachelorette party in Dallas over Memorial Day weekend.  And we had the best time!  You can read her post about it on her darling blog Getting Our Ducks In a Row.



We opened her shower gifts at one of the bridesmaid's home.  She'd ordered dinner from Whole Foods and another bridesmaid had carried Meghan's favorite cupcakes all the way from Nashville for us.  I think they had more icing than cake to them - so yummy!  We also played the Newlywed Game.  I was pretty impressed with how many questions she got right.  I guess they were both paying attention in their pre-marital counseling classes!  


I made these based on some I'd seen on Martha Stewart

Then we headed out.  We didn't make Meghan wear anything too embarrassing.  Just a sash and a HUGE ring that glowed.  We danced and had a great time and like the old people that we are, were done by 12:30 before it was even getting crowded.  Mark picked us up and even got us Taco Cabana on the way home.  



The next morning we all got up and got ready for a more formal shower thrown by Meghan's mother's friends.  It was absolutely lovely.  We had a fabulous lunch and she received lots of beautiful gifts.  


There are seven bridesmaids, but 5 of us are from out of Texas 
and 2 of the girls couldn't make it for the weekend.


The beautiful tables


Mom and I

3 comments: