Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dinner...

I can't decide if this scenario puts me into the category of "good" mom or "bad" mom. You decide.

"Mark, how would you like to order pepperoni pizza for dinner?"
"Ummmm...I think I would like salmon, asparagus and garlic bread."

Uh, yeah. Let me just whip that right up for you, since it's 4:15 and I have none of those ingredients in my house. Instead, we have a refrigerator full of "Dad's at sea" food. Not necessarily unhealthy, but definitely foods of convenience and speed.

So, does it make me a good mother that I've obviously served my child healthy meals and that he requests food other than mac & cheese?

Or does it make me a bad mother that I didn't feed my child the dinner full of vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and balanced nutrition that he asked for, but instead gave him this...




Or maybe it says more about my child's need to be in control than my mothering. I wonder where he gets that!


Sadly, there's no one here to eat the peppers with Tim at sea...

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Good mother. That's HILARIOUS that he wanted the other stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know if you would have made Salmon he would have asked for pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where he gets those control tendencies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those peppers! But amen on the "at-sea" food dilemna. Cooking real food while hubby is away usually requires a guest or something. Otherwise, there are too many leftovers.

    ReplyDelete