One of the best things to come out of my year of teaching at Ford Middle School was meeting Katie and the Smith family. We've stayed close even though we only see each other twice a year when I come home. We do know that our lives are very different as mothers of two boys and two girls (with another girl on the way!) Yesterday Mark and I went to their house to play and have lunch. Luke was sick and Haley was at school, but Reese and Mark had a blast. And Mark was introduced a "a whole new world" of Disney Princesses, Barbies, pink and purple toys and tea sets. You should have seen the bewildered look he gave me when I handed him a teapot! I'm pretty sure that no amount of exposure to princesses could change the fact that he's all boy though. When I handed him the Barbie he immediately lifted her skirt to see what was underneath. Here's a few shots of our day together...
Mark loved pushing Reese in the swing
This looks so different from my tricycle at home, Mom.
Mark and Reese "driving" the swingset...
What's more masculine than a motorized 4-wheeler? A Tinkerbell 4-wheeler!
We had lunch at Mom's favorite fast food joint - TACO BUENO!!!!
Mmmmmm...it's just as good as I remember!
Thanks for hanging out with us Smith family. We love you guys and wish you a fantastic 2009!
I wish we had Taco Bueno on the East coast! It's tasty fast food!
ReplyDeleteTaco Bueno is my favorite as well! We just had it the other evening--using coupons, Ben and I were able to eat a full meal (5 burritos, 1 taco, nachos and 2 cheesecake chimichangas) for $3.25. :) My kind of place!!
ReplyDelete