Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol

I've never been a huge American Idol fan.  I usually follow the show once it gets down to the top 10 or so.  Some seasons I really haven't even watched at all.  But this season is different.  It's so good.  I am convinced that any one of the contestants left could have been in the finals on almost any other previous season.  I really do think they are all incredibly talented in their own way.  And I love that each of them is so very different.  It's making each week's show very entertaining to watch what the individuals will do with the theme.  Last nights show was fantastic with the Rat Pack music.  

I've got to wonder though, am I the only one in America who isn't a Danny Gokey fan?  Seriously.  I know he can sing, but that guy just doesn't do it for me.  I like the other four much better than him.  Adam's my favorite at this point, but I love Kris too.  He's just adorable and I love the way he and his young wife look at each other.  So cute!  I don't think he'll be in the finals, but I wish he'd make it another week or two.

Who are you rooting for?  Am I crazy for not liking Danny? Who do you think is going tonight?

7 comments:

  1. I thought I raised you better than this...Adam over Danny!?! No way, Jose'! So, in order, the definitive answers to your questions are: Danny; Yes; Matt!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam......barf. He has an incredible voice, but I find him obnoxious. I'm hoping Kris takes it all. I like Danny just knowing his background as a widow. Just makes me wanna root for him even more. And, you are much more optimistic that I am...I imagine Kris thinking..."I got married way too young. Listen to all those screaming girls. Now what do I do"? I think Matt or Allison will be going home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny is a worship minister and widow! How can you not root for him?! I think Stuff Christians Like wrote a post about always rooting for the Christians on reality shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me feel guilty, Sandra! I'm not "not rooting" for him. I just don't like him as well as the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam and Kris are my favorites! I don't care that Adam is crazy, there's something about him that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so I don't watch AI. BUT, I would if they brought Mike Boogy, Dr. Will and Janelle on. Wouldn't that be THE BEST?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam is obnoxious and that SCREECH just makes me want to crawl under the coffee table! YUK! Kris adorable but his weird facial movements are too much for me. Danny can see and he's got a great story - Team Gokey for me :)

    ReplyDelete