Sunday, September 6, 2009

Six Blessed Years

Then

I can hardly believe it's been six years since Tim and I married. I still remember so many details of that day. It was such a beautiful wedding and we had an amazing time dancing, laughing and celebrating with our friends at our reception. We had a beautiful honeymoon in San Antonio and headed to Virginia to buy our first dog (Lonestar), buy our first house and weather our first hurricane (Isabelle) - all in a week! Tim left for his first 6 month deployment and "real" life had begun for us. The honeymoon was definitely over!

I had no idea what I was getting into when I married Tim six years ago. I don't think anyone does when they get married. I had no idea how tough life could be in the Navy or simply how hard it is to love someone unselfishly day-in and day-out. But I also had no idea how much fun it would be to be married to my best friend. I couldn't have imagined the simple pleasure from a laugh exchanged over a glance because you know exactly what the other person is thinking. I didn't dream we could become so close over the bond of creating 2 little boys. And I can't even begin to comprehend all the plans the Lord has for us in the coming years of our marriage!

Thank you Tim for 6 beautiful years together and I pray for many more with you!

Now

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated anniversary! Loved reading this post. On a side note, wherever did you get such a cute dress in your "now" picture???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know. It's one of those "horrible" bridesmaid dresses! :) If only my new sister-in-law had better taste!

    ReplyDelete