Saturday, March 28, 2009

Score!

Mom and I spent the day shopping in Jacksonville. We were looking for a dress for her to wear to my brother's wedding this summer and we started at the Dillard's Clearance Center. If you aren't familiar with this store, it's fabulous. We have been shopping at the one in Arlington for years. It's the store where Dillard's stores from all over the region send their clearance merchandise when it doesn't sell. There's a lot of junk to look through, but there are also some great buys. Everything is at least 50-70% off original price and most things are 75% off. This weekend everything was also an additional 50% or 30% off, depending on department.

My favorite part of shopping this kind of sale, (other than wearing my fabulous finds) is adding up the original prices and finding out how much I saved. Today's savings were 83%! My total before sale price was $995.98. This included a purse, a jacket, a top and two dresses.



I found several great things, but one highlight was a great Lilly Pulitzer spring jacket. It was originally $398 and I got it for only $49.75. It's the perfect statement piece that's a classic style I can wear for years. My other favorite find was a HOBO bag that was marked down to $65.94, from $318. I've been eyeing new purses for a few weeks now because my everyday bag is getting pretty worn. This style should hold up really well for several seasons and it's the perfect style and color for my wardrobe.





What do you think of my finds?

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! I would NEVER have paid the original asking price for either of those items!! The price you paid does look pretty amazing. Great job! I like the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't imagine paying 3 or 4 hundred dollars for something that will end up with a sippy cup in it at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that purse! But this is where you and I differ...I'm not very patient and walk into a place like that and get instantly overwhelmed. So then I just don't shop and end up wearing the same 5 outfits all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job. And I'm also a fan of the new bag.

    ReplyDelete